Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Glowing Southern Wedding

I'm so excited about today's inspiration board! It's yet another "Hindsight Board", but I'm personally biased about it as it's one I created for my own wedding! I'm just IN LOVE with the warmth of the coral and gold together (which was a perfect choice for my late summer wedding!) but could also be interpreted for a spring affair with more muted tones such as peach and champagne. You can't NOT enjoy the eye candy :)

{click to enlarge}

Talk about a perfect favor idea! Peach jam! I especially love the lace embellishment.

And this beautiful idea for hanging paper lanterns is great for both a wedding or any outdoor event, and SO easy to create thanks to Martha Stewart.

Other details: votive wedding lanterns found here, white Adirondack chairs on a coastal porch, peach lemonade in crystal glasses, bridesmaids in gold dresses, peach and coral rose bouquet and hurricane vase centerpiece, coral embellished invitation with gold satin brooch, hanging paper lanterns, peach jam favors, Southern plantation - I always knew I wanted this as my wedding venue, Grand Exit and gold sparklers, ivory wedding cake and coral roses, hand-painted bridal sign (which can be found on this etsy site!)

To give you an idea of how I implemented this vision into my own wedding, I'll share some
snapshots below!

My flowers! A Blue Lady florist captured my vision exactly and I was amazed by how vivid and beautifully the bouquets turned out! Peach and coral roses accented with pink and white spray roses and pink hypericum berries.

The cake was buttercream with ivory scroll-work and fresh rose and hypericum berry bunches. Underneath was gold satin fabric and scattered rose petals. We used the cake as a focal point in the foyer when you entered our reception. It was also delicious thanks to Diane at Simply Tasteful Cakes! Check out her work here.

Venue is everything and, thankfully, we didn't have to improve much about our reception venue. On the tables were more gold satin fabric, votive hurricane candles (I didn't want too much height to allow easy conversation among guests), scattered rose petals - an easy and inexpensive way to spread color without lots of floral arrangements, and our favors: custom water bottles! Being a late summer wedding, we feared the heat would be felt through the open doors at our reception and thought the water bottles were a fun way to combat that.

I chose this lantern for my wedding because I particularly liked the white scroll-work on the glass. We had these as centerpieces on tables out on the porch as well as lining the stairs and creating a path to our reception. The glowing lanterns as the summer sun went down was stunning!

Expect more inspirations in this color palette soon!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails